Sunday 11 March 2018

Viaduct Fishery Teams Of Five (Final Rd) All Lakes.

I'll Start by saying a big well done to Gary O'Shea on winning Don's Memorial match at the fishery from peg 3 on spring lake with 39lb of skimmers mainly on the waggler & corn later in the match, Gutted I couldn't attend due to work commitments but Gary had know Don all through his fishing days so fitting he went on to win it. 

Back to today & we were greeted with a pleasant morning weather wise, It was my turn to fish Match Lake today with an overspill of a few pegs on Middle & the Spit on Spring Lake. Really hoped Trig would draw me peg 26 on Spring as its been the most consistent in all the over matches always finishing in the top 3, I had had a wander around Match Lake before the start & fancied it could fish well as it had a tinge of colour in it, It took a while for Trig to get to us with the team sheet but he didn't look to pleased, We hadn't had the best of draws Paul Elms Had peg 12 on Spring & not a carp peg, Vince Brown Had peg 61 on Lodge which again isn't good for carp, Trig Was in the corner of Cary on peg 90 which has been hard the last couple of matches, Shaun Townsend looked to have draw the wrong area on Cambell on peg 125 & I ended up on what they call Crabtree Peg" on Middle Lake peg 38, This used to be the peg some years ago but it seems to be a case of feast or Famine these days but I felt confident I could catch a few carp with plenty of options, We felt we were going to be up against it as The Colmic Side Had drawn the same as they had in the first round & had some decent draws including Mark Poppeton in my section on none other than peg 26..! . I had Bob Giles next to me on peg 37 which I would have preferred as its produce a few carp dobbing under the tree on previous rounds, I had a bay to chuck to around 30mts as well as open water off to my right off the end of the tree so set up the normal bomb rod for hair rigged baits & a waggler to search around at various depths,
Apart from this I had one pole rig to fish on the edge of the channel towards peg 1 from 14-16mts for dobbing being a 0.1 AS4 on 0.19-0.15 & again with a hair rigged 0.17 hook length
. Finally I set up a 4x12 Wire Wonder on 0.13-0.10 & an 18 PR412 hook to fish a couple of silvers lines at 14mts should I need to.

I began the day cupping in three balls of G/Bait with casters & a few dead reds at 14mts to my right in the open water & some casters & a bit of corn the same distance slightly left. I began On the bomb into the bay on hair rigged meat hoping for some early signs, 20mins gone & I had slight bite which turned out to be a carp around 4lb, Not big but a decent start, I gave it another 45mins but nothing followed, In this time I had seen Mark on 26 net a couple of decent fish & Bob next to me had netted three in a row after going further under the tree to his right, I could also see a few fish being netted behind me on Match Lake so hoped things would improve, I hadn't fed anything across but after trying bread corn & meat in the open water off the tree & over to the bay I decided to start pinging some corn to my right had side of the bay to see if this would spur a few fish on whilst I had a look dobbing on the pole towards the gap, I started with meat with the rig set a few inches off the deck, I gave it 20mins even switching to bread but not so much as a liner, Back across this time on the waggler again starting off the deck slightly but still no signs I switched to fishing on the deck with corn & did eventually miss a bite where I had been pinging some corn but put it down to a skimmer as I didn't connect with anything'. Things were looking grim as by now we were approaching the halfway stage & I hadn't netted anything else! I was trying everywhere I could to induce something but it wasn't happening, I even had a look on my silvers lines but it just sat there", I switched back to corn on the bomb to my right in the bay & hooked a decent carp within seconds but it came of shortly after hooking it! Back out & the tip started to tremble this time the result was a near 2lb skimmer' then nothing followed, I began feeding meat off the end of the tree to my right which leads back into the other side of middle lake hoping they would be around the area, Still No signs dobbing between 14-16mts on meat of bread so I also started pinging a few bits of meat here to try & make something happen, Mark had netted around 4-5 carp I could see of it, Bob had added a couple of skimmers on the waggler after his earlier run of fish under the tree & I could still see fish being caught behind me on match lake so things weren't looking good for me... I would like to say it happened late but it didnt' I managed two more skimmers, both on the bomb, One in the bay & one off the end of the tree but no more signs of carp, I never had a sniff on the pole down into the channel. Really disappointed come the all out as I was also doing well on the individual side of things before today so the hope of ending up in the top five had gone well out the window" I Knew I would struggle to beat anyone today in my section as most had caught on match lake so was going to end up with low points for the team so hoped the other had done well?. Back At The results Trig Had Done well & ended up winning his lake with 46b odd & 18pts, Paul had done well to end up with 19lb of silvers for 10pts, Vince had 9pts , Shaun 8pts & Myself a measly 3pts' . It turned out it was closer come the end with Colmic also Having A couple of Low results but they managed to gain 4 more points on us come the end to win the league with 305pts so well done to them, The draw didn't help us today, Andy Power had my peg a couple of matches ago & came last & if he cant catch who will" May have been a different outcome if I had been on match but will never know, Did my best & that's al you can do, thankfully with the other lads doing ok we held on to second spot overall with 298pts ahead of Thatchers Vets in third place on 279pts. Top weight on the day went to Mark Broomsgrove from that fancied peg 110 on Cambell again catching on the bomb towards the end bank in the open water to finish with 108lb ahead of Phil Hardwick opposite on peg 132 with 105lb. Silvers went to Dave Romine with 39lb odd from peg 10 on spring so well done to these guys, The top Individual went to Mark Poppleton  in the end with 74pts so another well done to him, A big thanks to Steve, Matt & Helen on running this popular league which takes a lot of effort & those who helped do the scales & boards Throughout.

To Finish 2nd Overall as a team was still a good result with us each picking up £80 for are efforts so well done lads" & look forward to trying again next year hopefully. I had some decent draws in the earlier rounds which I felt I made the most of come the day just a shame it couldn't finish as well but that's fishing"

Full results -

1st mark Broomsgrove (2nd Time Lucky) peg 110 Cambell, 108lb 12oz.

2nd Phil Hardwick (Moaning Maggots) peg 132 Cambell, 105lb 11oz.

3rd Ben Hagg (Guru Viaduct) peg 15 Spring, 83lb.

4th Matt Parsons (M5 Angling) peg 44 Match lake, 74lb 10oz.

5th Dave White (Team keyford) peg 51 Match Lake, 71lb 14oz.

6th Nigel Easton (Team Amigos) peg 113 Cambell, 67lb 6oz.

Silvers -

1st Dave Romine (Colmic S.W) peg 10 Spring, 39lb 13oz.

2nd Mark Wynn (Colmic S.W) peg 59 Lodge, 29lb 7oz.

3rd Chris Davis (Moaning Maggots) peg 71 Lodge, 28lb.

Teams on day -

1st Moaning Maggots 62pts,

2nd Guru Viaduct 60pts,

3rd Team Amigos 59pts,

4th M5 Angling 58pts,

5th Balti Boys 56pts,

6th Colmic S.W 52pts.

Final League Standings -

1st Colmic S.W, 305pts. £700.00

2nd Mosella Bathampton, 298pts. £500.00

3rd Thatchers Vets, 279pts £400.00

4th 2nd Time Lucky, 272pts. £300.00

5th M5 Angling, 266pts. £200.00

6th Guru Viaduct, 264pts.

7th Thatchers Gold, 245pts.

8th Team Amigos, 240pts.

9th Balti Boys, 234pts.

10th Moaning maggots, 234pts

11th Wyvern Angling, 231pts.

12th Somerset Angling, 228pts.

13th Thatchers Silvers, 223pts.

14th Future Networks, 205pts.

15th Silverfox, 202pts.

16th Garbolino BVMG, 198pts.

17th Team keyford, 183pts.

18th All Stars, 161pts.

Top Individual - Mark Poppleton £200.00.

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 


  

        

No comments:

Post a Comment