Sunday 4 February 2018

Viaduct Fishery Winter League Teams Of Five (Round 3)

After spending the day with the wife yesterday I was looking forward to the latest round of this popular league, My turn to be on Scary Cary lake this time & I was hoping trig was up to his normal drawing standard again today, It was a cold wind today coming from the north east so sitting in that for some today would feel bitter' I was chatting before the draw & said I fancied peg 77 next to the tree between Cary & Cambell  & after drawing the peg I predicted in the last round I was hoping to have the same result' It wasn't far off as when Trig came back with the sheet I ended up above the tree on peg 78!" Result, I still expected the form pegs opposite, 102 & 100 to produce the best weights but was confident enough to get a few pull-rounds". team wise we didn't have a bad draw, Trig was on peg 4 Spring, Shaun was on peg 42 Match, Paul was on the overspill pegs onto the bottom end of Cary from Lodge lake peg 107, Vince was on 111 Cambell & Me 77 Cary.  Another simple set up to day, The normal bomb rod to fish various baits on a hair, A waggler to search the depths again aimed at fishing toward the middle of the lake & again with a hair rigged hook length, Apart from this all I set up was a 0.3g float on 0.19-0.16 & a 16 hook to fish down by the tree at 12mts.

For company I had Colmics Mark Poppleton the other side of the tree on 77,  Fellow trucker Jack Billet on 79 & Adrian Jefferies on the spit peg 80 so good company & bound to be a laugh somewhere along the way!". I started the day on the bomb & meat just past the aerator between Mark & Myself, Clint Wojtyla over on 102 was soon into a fish closely followed by Gareth Lennox on peg 100, I gave it 20mins on the meat & had one small liner, I switched to double corn on the hook & after a few minutes Adrian turned round to ask if I had any liners, I was just explaining to him & Jack that I had a decent liner I though would keep going & moments later as they were fixed on my tip round it went! Lol, twenty minutes in & 6lb in the net" good start.. back out but nothing followed & it seemed for the time being the carp were happy sitting further across as pegs 102, 100 & 99 were all getting odd fish, After about an hour I switched to fishing the wagg but it was a bit awkward due to the wind, I gave this another 20mins or so but it wasn't working even trying off the deck. Mark had sneaked in another couple of carp & Adrian took an early carp followed by another up the bum" which gave him the right run around' jammy git!, I was getting worried as it was approaching 12.30pm & all I had added was a 2lb skimmer on normal meat, I switched back to the corn & just as jack turned round & asked if I was having any signs again it flew round" It wasn't so simple this time though as it was a big fish & took me around the aerator cable" The inevitable happened losing the fish but still attached to the cable but thankfully only a broken hook length in the end, Trig rang me to see how I was doing just before 1pm & trust me even the sound of his voice wakes fish up, No sooner had I put the phone down I was in, & netted a 10lb fish, Back out on yellow meat & 5mins later netted another around 14lb' Two fish in ten minutes for 24lb that's more like it'.

I gave it another 20mins but nothing, I had been pinging the odd cube of meat down to the tree at 12mts through the day & after an earlier look with no signs I was itching to give it another go, I went in with the rig set at dead depth with meat cad potting a couple of cubes over the top, I lifted & dropped the rig a few inches & it shot under, fish on, Well for a few seconds before coming back with half my 0.17 hook length! I chucked the bomb back out whilst adding an 0.19 hook length back on the pole rig, I hadn't finished when the tip flew round which soon had me flinging the top-kit out my way, Another decent fish in the net, With 30mins to go I had to try the edge again, A couple of lifts & again I was in, same result" two seconds later & I came back with half a hook length! FFS, This is power line I'm using, their was odiously something cutting my line but frustratingly the carp were their! I had a quick chuck on the waggler when the wind dropped which resulted in another fish again on meat, But with minutes left I had to try by the tree again, Third time lucky?? You couldn't write it, Float settles, A couple of lifts, Bite, Fish, No Hook!!. I had ten minutes left to try the wagg again & did miss a decent bite but that was it, Adrian had finished with 4 carp, Three in the mouth Lol, Poor Jack just had to sit & watch fishing with three skimmers, I had 6 carp for what I estimated at 50lb odd, & Mark had finished with 5 carp, the pegs opposite, 102 & 100 had caught well through the day, When the scales arrived Nicky Ewers was leading the way with 76lb from peg 81 above the spit who we couldn't see all day, Adrian had 37lb odd, Jacks fish went 4lb odd then my carp & one silver went 60lb 3oz, Marks fish went 53lb but their were a few pegs opposite which would beat us, back at the results & it turned out I finished 5th on the lake taking 14/18pts, Trig had the same result 14pts As did Vince who included the 2nd best silvers weight so well done to him, Shaun had a struggle on match with late fish being caught around him but couldn't get bites ending on 4pts but the hero again was Paul Beaver Elms from the end peg 107 Cary coming 2nd in his section with 17pts which must see him winning the league individual as it stands, So we finished on 63pts giving us 3rd on the day teamwise so still a good result, Thatchers Vets Won the day with 70pts ahead of  2nd time lucky on 65pts. Top weight on the day went to Clint over on peg 102 which won the last match" but he fished well to end the day with 125lb 14oz Even with the late 18lb fish foul hooked on the wagg" Lol. Top silvers went to that man again Des Shipp from peg 61 on Lodge with 25lb 9oz. Back in two weeks & my turn for Lodge Lake with the overspill onto Cary, Turned out to be an enjoyable day, frustrating to lose the fish on the pole & the one to the aerator just one of then would of added another point but at least I had a few come the end.

Full Results -

1st Clint Wojtyla (Future Networks) peg 102 Cary, 125lb 14oz.

2nd Chris Davis (moaning Maggots) peg 110 Cambell, 123lb 13oz.

3rd Gareth Lennox (Balti Boys) peg 100 Cary, 117lb 12oz.

4th Scott Puddy (Guru Viaduct) peg 37 Middle, 79lb 2oz.

5th Nicky Ewers (Thatchers Vets) peg 81 Cary, 76lb 10oz.

6th Clayton Hudson (Future Networks) peg 132 Cambell, 75lb 8oz.

Silvers

1st Des Shipp (Thatchers Gold) peg 61 Lodge, 25lb 9oz.

2nd Vince Brown (Mosella Bathampton) peg 111 Cambell, 17lb 5oz.

3rd Fred Roberts (2nd Time Lucky) peg 69 Lodge, 16lb 9oz.

Teams On day -

1st Thatchers Vets 70pts

2nd 2nd Time Lucky 65pts

3rd Mosella Bathampton 63pts

4th Colmic Southwest 57pts

5th M5 Angling 55pts

5th Somerset Angling 55pts

Overall League to date -

1st Colmic Southwest 206pts

2nd Mosella Bathampton 193pts

3rd Thatchers Vets  185pts

4th 2nd Time Lucky 176pts

5th M5 Angling 161pts

6th Guru Viaduct 155pts.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
                       

No comments:

Post a Comment