Thursday 22 February 2018

Viaduct Fishery Thursday Costcutter (Cambell & Cary Lakes)

With things a bit quiet at work it was a rare day off in the week so decided to take a trip back to Viaduct for the costcutter match, A very cold start to the day having to scrap the ice from the van before leaving although it didn't seem as bad arriving at the fishery, I had a wander around before the draw & the only place I saw signs of fish was hot peg 110 as they were rolling down the edge, Its won the last few matches on this lake & by the looks of things today wouldn't be any different, 18 fishing & I was near the front of the queue, Adrian Jefferies went first & drew peg 114 Cambell, I went next & drew peg 112, & John Darby followed next & drew 110"! should be the writing on the wall then? Although my peg only seems to have produced the odd carp of late with conditions in are favour I fancied trying to catch a few on the waggler so that was the first thing out the bag, with a size 16 hair rigged hook-length to fish dead depth to start, next up was a bomb rod again with the same hook-length & apart from this all I set up was a rig to dob down the edge towards peg 13 but I could only go to 12mts because if the small braches hanging down.

I had Titch Williams on peg 111 & informed him he would probably end up with neck ache' I started the day on the wagg with meat on the hair, it took 30mins to get a bite which was a decent carp but reeling it went a bit solid before I finally parted company with the fish coming back with a big branch! that was it for the next 45mins as I never had another bite on the wagg, I even tried off to the right with corn on the hook for some silvers where I had been pinging a few bits of the same but no signs, John on peg 110 was already catching quite steady & titch had took a couple of fish on the bomb but most seemed to be struggling, I decided to have a look down the edge starting with meat on the hook with the rig set a few inches off the deck, five minutes later I had a bite & a 4lb fish was soon in the net, back out & ten minutes later I had another around 5lb, it made a bit of commotion so had another try on the wagg & bomb for 30mins but still nothing, Back down the edge & after a few minutes had another bite, this time it was a decent fish & I had a right struggle getting it out from under the braches but eventually netted a near 12lb fish' soon after I hooked up on a branch down the edge which I got out but hadn't done the peg any good I know' Back on the wagg I had a couple of skimmers on the meat in the next 45mins on the wagg but nothing over the fed corn line, I struggled most of the day really as couldn't induce bites on anything, going into the last hour I had one more down the edge & that was it, At least I had manage to hit every bite I had down their just a shame there weren't a few more" Apart from John most of us struggled, Nigel Easton opposite him on peg 132 had managed a few but nowhere near as much. John was first to weigh & he had a great days fishing finishing with 168lb odd to easily win the day so well done to him, Titch finished with 23lb odd, My four carp & two small skimmers went 31lb odd & Adrian finished with 18lb odd, Further up on peg 118 Dave White took 48lb but Nigel ended up second with 59lb, As far as the silvers went Steve Kedge over on peg 128 won the day with 17lb odd of skimmers mainly on the pole. I would probably better off targeting them today but just fancied a day on the wagg hoping to catch a few better skimmer on the corn but it just didn't happen, Back down for the last round of the league next weekend but looking at the long range forecast it could be a serious case of dusting off the ice breaker by the look of things??

Full Results -

1st John Darby (Bait Tech Viaduct) peg 110, 168lb 15oz.

2nd Nigel Easton (Langport) peg 132, 59lb 1oz.

3rd Dave White (Bait Tech Viaduct) peg 118, 48lb 4oz.

4th Dom Sullivan (Mosella) peg 112, 31lb 6oz.

Silvers -

1st Steve Kedge (Somerset Angling) peg 128, 17lb 11oz.

2nd Steve Denmead (Keyford) peg 126, 10lb 4oz.        

No comments:

Post a Comment