Tuesday 13 February 2018

Match Free Weekend.

just a quick update as far as last weekend went, Saturday I skipped fishing mainly due to the fact it was lashing down when I woke which remained for the rest of the day so the only thing I got wet was my throat whilst watching England batter the Welsh" Perhaps that's why we don't have their contingent fishing the Viaduct Winter league This Year?? Lol. Sunday saw me spend a few hours up the road at Shiplate main lake with Terry Taylor again, I booked a couple of swims on the far bank out of the cold wind & were pleasantly surprized when we were basking in the sun for the first few hours' We both planned a day on the silvers but it didn't really happen, I struggled to catch one skimmer & a few roach so spent most of the day fishing for carp, I had two good early fish on the bomb on corn then later in the day a decent 15lb fish on the waggler & another 12lb fish on the bomb, Terry persevered with the silvers but only managed to connect with roach for most of the day but at least we had a few bites on a cold but pleasant day for us. Back to Viaduct for the penultimate round of the teams of Five this weekend & my turn for the float only section on Lodge Lake with the overspill onto the bottom end of Cary, Peg 53 please Trig..".        

No comments:

Post a Comment