Sunday 21 January 2018

Viaduct Fishery Teams of Five Winter League Rd 2, (All Lakes).

Well what a difference a day makes, After being quite pleasant most of yesterday today we were greeted with rain, & plenty of it as it was forecast to continue for the rest of the day" great.. My turn to be on Cambell lake today & I still fancied a few fish to be caught more at the car park end of the lake even though it didn't fish to well yesterday, As norm it was down to Trig to do the draw for us again today & whilst we were waiting I happened to mention I wouldn't mind peg 132 in the corner, Trig returned with the draw sheet & low & behold I was on it Lol', The best pegs last time were hot peg 131 & 130 but I felt I had a good chance of a carp or two for decent points? Trig ended up on peg 52 of Match Lake, Paul Beaver Elms would be on peg 102 Cary, Shaun Townsend had peg 71 on Lodge & Vince ended up with peg 20 on Spring which is pretty pants' to be fair but the rest of us could be ok, A simple approach today, Bomb & waggler for the open water & to fish down towards the end bank but the over hanging willow tree hampers this some what, A pole rig to fish down the edge at 14/16mts & a 0.2g rig to fish in front of me at 16mts in the open water with meat. No silvers lines today, I felt my best chance would be to catch at least a couple of carp & if I could manage three for around 20lb then that should be good points so set my stool all out for them. I started the day on the wagg with hair rigged meat set at dead depth, ten minutes in & disaster" I had a bite but when I struck the small amount of line which had been blowing back towards me had wrapped around my rod tip' The carp took off which felt a decent fish but we soon parted company as my main line snapped around the rod tip causing me to lose the lot!". B*****K'S...

I decided to chuck to bomb with meat back in the same area whilst I set about re-assembling my wagg rod' After about 10mins I was just adding the hook length when the tip went round, I did manage to get this one in around 5lb so at least I was on my way, Nick Ewers was next to me on hot peg 131 & had started catching on the bomb as I expected as did the lad above him on peg 130, I gave the bomb another 20mins but with no liners switched back to the wagg searching for fish. After 30mins of trying but no more signs it was time to take a look down the edge, I started off the deck dobbing bread along to 16mts but no signs so switched to meat but that made no difference, Back on the wagg & after 5mins I hooked a better fish which was a carp around 8lb this time it was in the net" The next couple of hours were a right struggle for me as I couldn't temp bites anywhere, Thankfully I did manage another decent fish on the bomb which was caught chucking as far left towards Nicks peg as I could but by now he was catching regular fish so again they did seem to be at home on their normal peg" I estimated my three fish would go around 23lb which I though was a good target but was keen to get a few more, I had been pinging a few bits of meat at 16mts but it didn't produce a bite, I had another couple of looks down the edge again but not even a liner told me they weren't here, I new my best bet would be the wagg for the last hour or so & so it proved as I managed to add another three fish one of which was 10mins from the all out, I had 37lb on my clicker but knew Nick & The chap above him were probably going to first & second on the lake, When the scales got around to us Mark Poppleton over on peg 119 (The peg Ben Hagg Caught Nowt Off Last Time") was leading the way with 73lb odd, with a couple of back up weights of 45lb, Steve Martin on peg 130 took the lead with 84lb before Nicky ended with 121lb to easily win the lake, Certainly a peg they want to frequent at the moment but well done Nick, I was last to weigh & was cursing losing the first carp of the day as I thought it had cost me but I was surprized when my six fish went 46lb odd for 4th on the lake & 15 out of 18pts for the team so happy with that & quite enjoyed the day even though it didn't stop raining & my kit & me were soaked through!.

Back at the results & Paul had done the business again today as he took a cracking 176lb of big carp on the waggler & meat from peg 102 on Cary so a big well done to him & a maximum of 18pts for the team, Trig had done well on match lake to finish with 14pts, Shaun had managed 9pts from what turned out to be a hard area & Vince struggled for 4lb odd of roach for 6pts again from a hard area on what turned out to be the hardest lake today, Silvers wise the weights were slightly down as Dick Bull took the spoils from peg 25 on Spring lake with 16lb. Team wise Colmic came out on top again today with a total of 74pts so another good performance from these lads, We finished 3rd on the day with 61pts but it still keeps us in 2nd position after the first two rounds but a long way to go. Back again in two weeks for round three & my turn for Cary Lake so hoping to land on a few of the lakes munters.

Full Results -

1st Paul Elms (Mosella Bathampton) peg 102 Cary, 176lb 4oz.

2nd Andy Power (Thatchers Gold) peg 53 Lodge, 141lb 9oz.

3rd Nick Ewers (Thatchers Vets) peg 131 Cambell, 121lb 10oz.

4th Nick Chedzoy (Thatchers Vets) peg 100 Cary, 100lb 6oz.

5th Steve Martin (Thatchers Silver) peg 130 Cambell, 84lb 1oz.

6th Mark Poppleton (Colmic) peg 119 Cambell, 73lb 8oz.

Silvers -

1st Dick Bull (Team Amigos) peg 25 Spring, 16lb 1oz.

2nd Steve Jackson (Balti Boys) peg 103 Cary, 15lb 12oz.

3rd Mark Harper (Thatchers Gold) peg 115 Cambell, 12lb 14oz.

Teams on Day -

1st Colmic 74pts.

2nd Future Networks 63pts.

3rd Mosella Bathampton 61pts.

3rd Thatchers Gold 61pts.

5th Guru Viaduct 58pts.

Overall League To Date -

1st Colmic 149pts.

2nd Mosella Bathampton 130pts.

3rd Thatchers Gold 116pts.

4th Thatchers Vets 115pts.

5th 2nd Time Lucky 111pts.

6th M5 Angling 106pts.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

           

No comments:

Post a Comment