Sunday 21 January 2018

Viaduct Fishery Saturday.

I chose to take a trip to viaduct for the latest Saturday open but a bit disappointing as it turned out there were only five of us" With the popular winter league tomorrow many anglers cant commit to both days with family ect being priority but at least it looked on being a decent day weather wise with no wind. Steve decided just to pay out top weight & top silvers & decided to peg it all at the car park end of Cambell lake with the pegs being 110,111,112, & opposite pegs 131 & 130, I was hoping to avoid 111 if possible as it would be the only peg with less room so to speak, I let a couple go before me then took my turn, Yep you guessed it peg 111' Owe well. I didn't really expect to catch more carp than either hot peg 131 at the moment or even peg 110 so silvers would be main line of attack, I set up a 4x12 wire wonder on 0.13-0.10 & an 18 PR412 hook & a heavier 4x14 float on the same line/hook to fish a double bulk rig, Pluming up it was deepest at 13mts directly in front of me so would feed G/Bait here & feed another line at 14mts to the left with caster. On the all-in I feed three balls with casters & a few pinkie's at 13mts & cupped in some caster on the longer line, Leaving these to settle I started the day on the waggler casting towards the middle of the lake with hair rigged meat, I was quite surprized to get a bite after ten minutes which turned out to be a decent carp around 7lb, I gave it another 45mins but never had another sniff, Roland next to me on 110 was yet to catch but Terry Lenny on peg 131 had took an early fish. Time to have a look on my silvers lines, I started over the casters at 14mts but no early signs so switched to 13mts with single caster on the hook, I did manage to take a few small 4-6oz skimmers before bites dried up which told me to re-feed a small amount & leave it for a few minutes. Not going to rant on about the day to much but spent most of it on the pole catching small skimmers, Topping up when bites tailed off & kept looking to catch carp on the wagg in between, It fished hard today, The chap on peg 112 & his mate on peg 130 called it a day with an hour to go, Which was a wise choice as from nowhere it went from flat calm to blowing a gale smack in are chops! This ruled out the pole for the last 45mins as I couldn't see the float in the ripple & reflection on the water but still didn't manage another carp after fishing the bomb, Terry finished with two fish for 16lb odd, Roland had four carp for 28lb odd & I finished with one carp for 8lb 4oz & more importantly 12lb 12oz of silvers so at least I got £25 back to pay for the day.

     

No comments:

Post a Comment