Saturday 18 November 2017

Acorn Saturday Series Round 2.

It Seems Ages Ago since we did the first round & it was a darn sight warmer conditions & I certainly didn't expect it to fish as well as the last match, News was 70lb odd won the recent Tuesday open but yesterday most of this area woke to a heavy frost so hoped for a good area' I was first in the bag today but was a bit disappointed to end up on peg 36, Its in the corner facing back towards the entrance, This area had been producing a few fish of late but I've drawn this area before at this time of the year & struggled for a bite but you never know'?

I planned to keep it simple, A 0.2g rig on 0.15-0.11 & an 18 F1 Pellet hook to fish just off the point of the island at 14mts against the shelf in slightly deeper water around 3ft, I did set a rig up to fish in the slightly shallower water across but didn't really expect the fish to be here? A rig to fish down the edge at 9mts to my left in front the dying reeds in 4ft of water & finally a 4x12 Chanti to fish infront the broken pallet of peg 37 at 13mts which was around the same depth with the rig on the same line/hook as across,  I started the day feeding a small amount of 4mms at 9mts with a pinch of corn, A few bits of corn at 13mts to the pallet & started the day across in the shallower water but after 10mts switched to fishing the slightly deeper water across with 4mm expander over tiny amounts of 4mms & G/bait, I did have two carp in the next 30mins just a shame they totalled 1lb", I did foul hook a better fish briefly but then couldn't get a sign here, I spent the first hour on this line even trying maggot on the hook but still couldn't get indications so went down the edge sooner than I would have liked but from what I could see most people were struggling.

Starting at 9mts with corn I was pleased to net a carp within minutes around 2lb & was pleased to get another 3lb fish Five minutes later but that was it from here for now, It was onto the 13mt line again with corn & funnily enough I expected it to go under straight away? I was right' & another 3-4lb fish in the net, For some reason I missed the next couple of bites even though I was fishing just dead depth but after foul hooking & losing a decent fish I put it down to liners rather than bites. This seemed to kill it completely as the next 20mis produced nothing off either edge line. I tried again across but just couldn't get bites, The guy on the bridge peg 40 hadn't caught in the first couple of hours & Brian (Anteater) slipper behind me on peg 33 also next to the bridge had only one small carp so things were hard! I did expect to catch later in the day down the edge even though the wind was straight in my kisser when I fished it'. It didn't happen & the second half of the day was even harder than the first' I managed another Carp off either inside line & lost another fouler & that was it" A real gruller today, But I wasn't the only one' Walshy over on peg 17 never even had a carp" Brian finished with 15lb odd & peg 40 Had 16lb but they weren't in my section, I did the weigh board today as I was last but one to weigh-in, The match was won by Mark Poppleton Guesting today from peg 9 with 59lb & my section was won from behind the shed peg 30 by Andy Gard with 23lb 1oz but I wasn't far off  finishing with 22lb 1oz!. Summing things up I should of took some bread as I may of had a couple dobbing? but I didn't feel like I fished a good match really, My phone died before the start of the day so didn't have a clue all day what the time was which put me off my stride a bit but was happy enough to finish 2nd in the section picking up £40, The next round isn't until mid December so we'll see what that brings.

Full results -

1st Mark Poppleton (Colmic) peg 9, 59lb 8oz.

2nd Mike Owens (Sensas 88) peg 5, 46lb 15oz.

3rd Rich Heatley (Acorn) peg 26, 46lb 14oz.

4th Ray Cooper (Bristol) peg 1, 36lb 7oz.

League to date -

1st Bob Gullit, 2pts.

2nd Mark Broomsgrove, 3pts.

3rd Dom Sullivan, 4pts.           

No comments:

Post a Comment